I mentioned a week or so back I was tagged by a few people and since I said that, I was tagged again. I almost feel like I’m a popular kid back in high school.
If I tag you and you don’t want to do it no, worries or if I missed that you’ve already been tagged and done it please don’t feel you need to do it again.
I was tagged by:
- Post these rules.
- You must post 11 random thoughts about yourself.
- Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post.
- Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
- Go to their blog and tell them you have tagged them.
- No stuff in the tagging section about 'you are tagged if you are reading this.' blah, blah, blah, you legitimately have to tag 11 people!
11 Random Thoughts about Myself
- I met my husband online and he moved from NJ to FL for after only a few months of knowing each other.
- Wee Rose is named after my maternal grandmother and got one of her 2 middle names from both myself and the color she was when she was born. (Rose)
- I hate soda and have never had more then a few glasses worth of it in my life. Mostly all I have had was in mixed drinks.
- Though my mother is very crafty the only thing she directly taught me was how to do a running stitch & back stitch when hand sewing. She stopped making things around the time I was 5 so I taught myself every thing else I know. She has since picked it all back up again, which I find very amusing and great for conversations.
- I kept my birth middle names when I married instead of following family convention and changing my middle names for my maiden name. I did so at the time because I was upset with my family over how they reacted to my married. There are times I regret that I did that now.
- My son seems to think I can make or fix about anything. I’m not sure if this is good thing or not.
- I have a Master’s Degree in Environmental Engineering but unfortunately I was laid off last fall. I’m about to start classes to help in getting my teaching certificate to teach High School math.
- My husband is the Stay-at-Home-Parent in our house, I’ve always been the bread winner from day 1.
- I’ve always wanted to get into cosplaying or SCA. I love costuming, period clothes and making them. I almost did before my children were born and I hope when they are older I can return back to trying my hand at it.
- I was Goth in high school and college. I dyed my hair so many times in college I had a professor joke he’d give the class extra credit every time I had a new color.
- After years working as an engineer in the conservative professional office environment I’m finally starting to feel like myself again.
From Freckles: The Happy Heathen
- What's the first thing you would save from a fire and why?
Other than living beings in the home my portable hard drive. It has way too much data on it.
- You're a superhero for a day, what's your special ability?
Telekinesis, not sure why but the idea of moving things with my thought is just cool.
- How do you geek out (science, books, math, video games, etc?)
All of the above? I’m an avid reader; I’m good at math, darn I plan to start teaching it; I play Skyrim at the moment though video games are what I do least; I read science blogs and watch science shows; I love Fantasy & Sci Fi movies & TV. I even read the occasional comic.
- Harry Potter or Star Wars?
Oh this is tough because I love them both for so many different reasons. I grew up on Star Wars. I was an Ewok loving child. But as an adult I came to love Harry Potter for many different reasons. I can’t chose.
- Your favorite comfort food and why?
Macaroni & Cheese because it’s childhood in a box.
- What's one habit you wish you could kick?
Biting my nails. I succeed for periods of time, even months but I always go back to it.
- Favorite holiday and why?
Halloween because I love to dress up, decorate the house and it’s an excuse to be Goth without the world looking at me sideways.
- Toilet paper - up and over, or down? (lol, this is the biggest debate in our house)
Up & Over. This was an issue in our house but at some point I won. I have no clue how or why just all of a sudden all toilet paper was put on this way if we still use the dispenser. In our bathrooms either the dispenser is wobbly and needs to be fixed or we have to put the toilet paper up to keep it out of the hands of the 3 yr old.
- What's your favorite sweet treat?
Peanut butter Ice cream
- Breakfast, lunch, or dinner? What's your favorite meal time and why?
I would used to say dinner but I’m currently having issues with all meals. Being as we’re on food assistance due to unemployment we can’t afford to eat out so all meals are cooked and I’m the only one who can cook in our house. It’s starting to get really old.
- What's you favorite inspirational quote?
Carpe Dieum, and yes it always makes me think of Dead Poets Society.
From The Crone’s Place
- How long have you been Pagan?
I started looking into Wicca/Neo-Paganism when I was 15. I turn 30 this year so half of my life now.
- What do you consider the best part of your religious belief?
Not so much my Religious belief but my Personal beliefs that there is not one true way.
- Are you or did you raise your children in your religious belief?
I’m trying to but my own beliefs are bit up in the air the moment so it’s a bit tough. Luckily they’re young so the basics are simple.
- What kind of pets do you have?
We have 2 cats and 1 dog, a Schnoodle (half schnauzer and half poodle)
- Have you always lived in one general area?
Pretty much, we moved from Indiana to Orlando when I was 3. I moved over to Tampa when I was 19.
- How many schools did you attend as a child?
3 Elementary though we never moved (1 private, 2 public they built a new and rezoned), 1 Middle and 2 High School.
- Do you stay in contact with any of your high school friends?
A few through Facebook or Google + but I’m not close with any of them.
- What led you to picking the name for your blog?
A long and arduous process. I really was trying to think of a name for my Etsy shop and just used the name for that for the blog also. On my About Page is exactly what it means.
- What is the one thing about yourself or your life that you would like to change?
My self image & self confidence issues.
- What is the one thing about yourself or your life that you wouldn't change for any amount of money?
- How long did you know your spouse/ partner before you married/ committed to each other?
We were together for only 6 months when we married.
From A Cauldron Full of Stars
- What is your biggest pet peeve?
Willful ignorance or refusal to even listen to other points.
- How did you find out Santa Claus/Easter Bunny/ Tooth Fairy wasn't quite legit?
Santa when I was about 6 or 7. I caught my parents wrapping the presents on Christmas Eve, Easter Bunny I don’t think I ever believed was “real” “real”, and the Tooth Fairy I confirmed when I found some of my baby teeth and my brother’s hidden in my mom’s jewelry box. (She kept our first 4 we lost for each of us)
- Favorite toy as a kid?
My Little Ponies, I had a lot of them.
- If you could go back in time, which person would you most like to shake and say "What were you thinking?!"
For the sake of “What if?” Henry the VIIIth over his divorce to Katherine of Aragon. Without it I wonder where Protestantism would have gone and the original settlers to the Americas.
- Chicken or the egg?
Egg, but it wasn’t laid by a Chicken.
- If you could read people's thoughts, would you want to?
No, I think I would rather be a true Empath.
- If you could turn someone into a toad who would it be?
Probably not but I’d love the option.
- Fantasy vacation?
Prague, and a tour of Eastern Europe.
- What is the most romantic thing you've experienced?
Umm.. never had anyone do a grand romantic gesture only little things and can’t think of one at the moment.
- If you could create your own society what would it be like?
Like something utopic world you’d see on Stargate or Star Trek.
- What book would you most love to see brought to life (through movie making or literally)?
The Wheel of Time Series, but that would be a very long running TV show. lol
From The Domestic Pagan
- What is the defining moment of your life?
Moving away from the close proximity of my parents for college. Though I didn’t move far I still moved far enough away (2 hrs) to set up finding myself.
- What song could you listen to over and over?
Metallica, Nothing Else Matters
- What was the first music album that you ever owned?
The first record I remember having myself was Alvin and the Chipmunks.
- Where is your favorite place in the world?
I loved Normandy in France but there are so many places I want to visit.
- What is your dream car?
Since a teen it was a 1969 Mock 1 Mustang but now I don’t really have one.
- Do you have any unusual talents or skills?
Not that I can think of, what I’m good at isn’t anything unusual unless you count math.
- What is your earliest memory?
Sitting on some steps in our house eating M&Ms in a bowl with a spoon. Occasionally looking over my shoulder to see if my mom was watching and then using my fingers to eat them.
- If you were the opposite sex for a day, what would you do?
I have no idea. The most obvious would be to do something I couldn’t do the same as a female like have sex.
- If you could have any superpower, what would you choose and why?
Telekinesis, because it’d be cool to move things around.
- Why do you blog?
1st I blogged as a way of sorta journaling but I stopped that blog. Then I started this one first to promote the Etsy Shop but the more I do it the more it’s becoming about sharing with a community.
- Sum up your life using only 6 words (I recently read about doing this in O Magazine. My 6 words: Still finding myself in my thirties)
Time to Start the Next Chapter
Wow that took a bit to answer all of those. If I get tagged again, I’m sorry I’m spent. lol
My 11 Questions for those I tag
- You have a 100% free day with no plans at all, what do you do?
- Did you have a childhood pet?
- If you could move anywhere (and be sure of a job etc.) where would it be?
- Do you do any type of crafts?
- What is one of your favorite holiday dishes to cook?
- What is your favorite shape?
- Morning person or not?
- How do you take your coffee and/or tea?
- What is your preferred Movie Genre?
- Were you ever a “wild child?”
- How Geeky are you on a scale of 1 to 10
I really tried hard to tag people I hadn’t thought had been tagged yet.
- Spirit Stitch
- Reflections of the Rune Pagan
- Practical Cauldron
- This Pagan’s Journey Through Sobriety
- AmethJera’s Broom with a View
- Doing Magick
- Chaotic and Crafty
- A Sacred Journey
- Pagan In Me
- A Witch’s Journey
- Witches Rambles
If you’ve been tagged please join in and tag some more!